The Pullman Hotel was one of several small hotels built around 1910 to service the nearby railroad stations. As a nod to railroad passenger clientele, this hotel was named for the Pullman railroad sleeper cars. By the mid-1920s, the hotel garnered a reputation of catering to ladies of the evening.
Mark Grawemeyer and his childhood friend Leslie Smith bought the Pullman Hotel in 1986 (as pictured), and the adjoining buildings to the south in the 1990s because they were tired of waiting for them to be fixed up. The pair renovated all of the buildings by themselves.
The downstairs is now home to South Main Sushi.